im gunna keep this one simple, but here's the rundown.
1. I am not a Disc Jockey. There is no jockeying of discs going on.
2. I just make music and produce shows.
3. Sometimes i run out and buy nestle iced tea mix and just eat the powder with a teaspoon while watching Hoarders.
4. Meowingtons is my cat, his full name is "Professor Meowingtons PhD." yes i am obsessed with him.
5. I try not to stick to one genre of Electronic Music. Ive been known to dabble in just about everything.
6. The green thing on my neck is a space invader.
7. I dont really like getting my photo taken, not because i dont like getting my photo taken, but because i dont really like physical contact all that much... i tend to cringe away when someone tries to put their arm around me. I just dont like being touched really. It's just a thing i have, nothing personal.
8. Everyone always ask me what my tattoos mean... well they dont really mean anything, i just like tattoos.
9. When am i coming to X city? I'll get there eventually, ive been touring my ass off to please everyone, and eventually we'll schedule an event near you, so dont worry.
10. what do you think about X DJ or Producer. I dont really have any opinions on anyone else, just because i can clearly see how opinionated everyone is about me, and how much it always goes back and forth... i dont bother putting those opinions on other people who are probably just as passionate as i am about making music or performing.
11. I live in the lovely city of Toronto, Canada.
12. I dont think i've sold out. To me, selling out would mean doing something against my morals for cash. So far, i haven't done that. And my music certainly hasn't and wont change towards a direction that isnt something im not feeling.
13. I dont particularly enjoy interviews... only because many of them are the same questions over and over again and arent very creative / interesting at all. Its usually the same old: how did you come up with the name deadmau5, how do you feel about playing X event, how is it different than other parts of the world, etc etc YAWN.
14. If youre not a DJ then how come youre doing X event or are involved in X poll, etc etc. Honestly, i dont know. But it's cool. Electronic music is so etched into DJ culture that it's almost completely unavoidable to be associated. I dont have any problems with that, but i am aware of the gross misconception of unnoticeable difference between Producers and DJ's (who are very often both) and producing a show. One of my goals in life is to make it more clear, it's an uphill battle, but at least its challenging and interesting!
15. Drugs don't really do anything for me. I've never bothered to indulge in that lifestyle, but on the same note, i am not anti-drug. I have enough respect for humans to let them make their own choices, whether they seem stupid to me or not. The type of people i CANT stand tho, are those who impose lifestyle choices onto others... THATS something i hate right there. I don't think theres anything more annoying in society than people who feel the need to force their idea of an ideal lifestyle onto someone else. Thats just cheap. I wont elaborate, but, you get the idea.